Upward Bound is a FREE TRiO Program, funded by the U.S. Department of Education designed to assist eligible high school students with services that promote academic success toward graduation, preparation for postsecondary education, enrollment and attainment of a bachelor degree. Our Victor Valley College Upward Bound Program accepts student applications from the following target high schools in the area: Hesperia, Silverado and Victor Valley.
Please Note: Participants Must Meet Program Eligibility Requirements.
The Upward Bound Program :
- Connects participants with tutorial assistance that promotes academic success.
- Inspires participants to develop leadership qualities and abilities.
- Personalizes college preparation for participants through personal counseling, academic advising and mentoring activities.
- Focuses on academic achievement, career development, and financial literacy.
- Engages participants in a unique Summer Academy college experience.
- Instructs participants in specific academic areas of English, Math, Science and Foreign Language including other challenging coursework.
- Exposes participants to cultural enrichment events and field trips.
- Supports and encourage participants with the pursuit of higher education.
- Provides guidance with college and university entrance requirements.
- Assists with college, university and financial aid applications.